HEALTH, SAFETY, SECURITY, AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY OF PT AKR CORPORINDO TBK.
PT AKR Corporindo Tbk. (Company) realizes that safe, secure, and environmentally friendly operation are the key to long-term business stability. The Company shall endeavor to protect in the workplace safety and security of employees and all parties involved, including preventing working accidents, disease occurrence in the working environment, and environmental pollution. As the Company's businesses are not related with forest land clearing/conversion, the company doesn’t involve in deforestation, and Company also supports all Government efforts in preserving biodiversity and environment.
The entire Company’s management and employees are committed to drive Company Interest and remain committed to safety aspects, environment norms, which will be applied at each stage of operations, in the following manners:
- Complying with all applicable regulations and legislation related to Occupational Health Safety, Operational Safety and Environmental Management which have close relation to the Company's business, and taking proactive actions to aim for beyond these minimum requirements.
- Identifying, evaluating, and managing environmental risks related to Company's operations, and preparing a comprehensive emergency management plan to control and prevent the risk of incidents or accidents involving hazardous materials.
- Undertaking performance measurements, regular reviews, and improvements to Occupational Health Safety, Operational Safety and Environmental Management on ongoing basis
- Prioritizing responsible and sustainable waste management in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Striving to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improving energy efficiency in all aspects of the Company’s operation.
- Encouraging innovation and research in the development of more environmentally friendly products, services, and processes
- Conducting open and transparent communication also consultation regarding Company's environmental policy to stakeholders including regulators, employees, customers, business partners, and other related parties
This policy applies to all employees of the Company and entities and becomes the responsibility of all Company stakeholders.
The implementation of this policy in each scope will be coordinated, monitored, and evaluated by ESG Committee, and will be reported to the Board of Directors, Board of Commissioners, and all Company stakeholders in the Company's Sustainability Report. The Company together with all stakeholders are committed to implement this policy.